FROM THE PRINCIPAL
I would like to welcome you back for the 2016 school year. We especially welcome all our new students and their families. I hope your summer has gone well and you are refreshed for the beginning of the new school year. I anticipate an exciting year as we collectively strive to foster a culture of learning. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
I feel extremely fortunate to be working with such an exceptional group of students, families, caregivers and staff members.
WELCOME TO THREE NEW STAFF MEMBERSWe welcome three new staff members:
- Ms Haley Hodge, from Rotorua Girls’ High – Tourism, Geography and Social Studies.
- Mr Taumata Soloman, from Western Heights High – HOD Maori.
- Mr Maurice Pomare - Caretaker